Way back when I was at Sixth Form I studied Art Fashion and one of the many things I learnt was how to use a spinning wheel. I carded wool, spun it (using a spinning wheel and a handheld spinner) and then dyed it…oh I miss doing textile stuff. Sadly this isn’t a post about my fashion skills, but about a different type of spinning…The Classics Club Spin.
The rules are as follows:
1. List 20 books from your Classics Club list.
2. Number them 1-20.
3. Wait until Monday when a random number is selected.
4. You have February and March to read that book.
I have been neglecting my Classics list for a while, or I had least think I have, so why not have someone pick the book for me. Due to work and the fact I won’t be on holiday during this time I haven’t selected any of the longer/tougher books n my lists, wisely choosing to safe those until the summer holidays.
Books I have Studied
1. East Lynne by Ellen Wood
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Tess of the D’Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy
4. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
5. Lady Audley’s Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
The Dickens List
6. The Old Curiosity Shop
7. Great Expectations
8. Little Dorritt
9. Oliver Twist
10. The Mystery of Edwin Drood
11. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
12. Midnight’s Children by Salmon Rushdie
13. Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
14. Vilette by Charlotte Bronte
15. Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H.Lawrence
The Austen List
18. Sense and Sensibility
19. Mansfield Park
20. Northanger Abbey
So yes here is my list and I eagerly anticipate Monday and the magic number.