It is scary to think that we are uber close to 2014 and with that in mind, as always, my brain starts thinking about reading and book piles, hence the reason behind joining this Challenge. The TBR Challenge is hosted by Adam at RoofBeamReader and the rules are simple, compile a list of twelve books that have been gathering dust on your bookcase for at least a year and aim to read them other the course of 2014. I hold my hands up in confession that I am pretty terrible at sticking to reading challenges, however I feel this one might be a tad more realistic than some of the others, mainly because I already own all of the books on the list. So here goes!
1. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier (Kindle)
2. Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford
3. Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh
4. Regeneration by Pat Barker
5. The Stranger’s Child by Alan Hollinghurst (Kindle)
6. The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier (this isn’t in the picture as it is currently at the bottom of a very large pile of books and I can’t reach it)
7. World Without End by Ken Follett
8. Charlotte Grey by Sebastian Faulks
9. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser
10. Patience by John Coates
11. Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H.Lawrence
12. Elizabeth Taylor Short Stories (this might be cheating as it is short stories, but I am aiming to read at least half of them).
I’m quite excited now I look at my list, but it have some feelings of trepediation! I think I am most apprehensive about reading The Six Wives of Henry VIII mainly because it is quite a dense read, but I might try and space it out, or save it for a holiday. It is much harder to choose the book I am most excited about as I like the look of all of them, otherwise why would I have bought them? Maybe the Nancy Mitford or Evelyn Waugh as I do love their writing and it has been a whole since I have read any of their work.